How to Install a Free SSL Certificate using Let’s Encrypt – Free Udemy Course
Learn to Secure website traffic using HTTPS by installing a FREE Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate!, with this Free Udemy Course worth $200!
In the modern internet age, delivering web content over a secure protocol has become essential. Since January 2017, Google attaches a warning label to any website that does not secure sensitive web page content by delivering it using HTTPS. This includes web pages that contain forms asking for usernames, passwords, credit cards and other sensitive information. In the near future Google plans to roll out a requirement for all web pages to be secured. Warning labels will become progressively more aggressive, and eventually highlighted in red, bold colors on the address bar. It is easy to see the consequences of not complying with this new requirement. You invest time, money and energy to drive traffic to your website. Your users expect a secure browsing experience and will likely be deterred from using your page when they see such warning labels attached. There is a common misconception that securing a webpage over HTTPS requires expert server knowledge and is a costly and cumbersome process. The purpose of this course is designed to teach you everything you need to know about HTTPS and SSL certificates. We start with the basics. Exploring the theory and definitions that will be useful in developing your understanding. From there, we dive into configuring a server on Digital Ocean and installing a free SSL certificate known as Let’s Encrypt. We also explore setting up Cron Jobs on an Ubuntu server, to automatically renew your certificate periodically. After completing this course, you will easily be able to secure any web page using HTTPS and free SSL certificates.
What you’ll learn in this Free Udemy course?
- Distinguish between different types of SSL Certificates
- Create and Configure a basic droplet on Digital Ocean
- Install a Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Fix the Google “Not Secure” Warning on any website that contains input forms.
- Install LAMP Stack on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Configure Name Servers
- Configure DNS Settings on Digital Ocean
- Check the status of a SSL Certificate
- Automatically renew a SSL Certificate periodically using cron tab, and setting up cron jobs.
Who’s this Free Udemy course for?
You can enroll in this Free Udemy Course if you meet the following criteria, though these criteria are not mandatory, you can enroll in this free udemy course and learn!:
- No prerequisite knowledge required
- Web developers looking to secure their websites using SSL
- Students interested in learning about certificate authorities
- Students interested in SSL Certificate Types for maximum security and credibility
- Web developers who want to avoid costly fees and install a free, secure SSL Certificate using Let’s Ecnrypt
- Students interested in learning the basics of SSL Encryption
- Web developers who want to direct all domain variations to HTTPS, instead of HTTP
- Web developers who want to learn how to easily resolve the “Google Not Secure” warning label.
This Free Udemy Course includes
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Requirement or Prerequisites for this Free Udemy Course
- Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
- Terminal for MAC or PuTTY for Windows
Udemy Course Details
|Course Name||How to Install a Free SSL Certificate using Let’s Encrypt|
Wishing you all the best for your future & Happy Coding!!If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends…
Sharing is Caring !!!