Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean – Free Udemy Course
Learn to Deploy, Configure, and Scale a Production Virtual Web Server on Linode or Digital Ocean. Install LAMP Stack + More, with this Free Udemy Course worth $200!
This Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean course offers an in-depth, hands-on overview of setting up and configuring a production web server, using Linode or Digital Ocean. Virtual Cloud Servers have become the industry standard for hosting web applications of all sizes and complexity.
This includes small static web pages, to dynamic, database-driven web sites that handle thousands of simultaneous processes. Regardless of the project, virtual servers offer a solution that provides web developers with a scalable infrastructure that can easily adapt to a changing environment. The course starts with an overview of the registration process on Linode. From there, students quickly jump into deploying and configuring a server using the latest Ubuntu LTS distribution. Students will become familiar with the Linode admin interface, and start executing basic commands using the web-based remote access console. We then explore remote access administration using more complex tools such as PuTTY for Windows, and Terminal for MAC.
Students will install and Configure LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin) on the Ubuntu server. We show students how to secure the server through SSH Authentication, directory permissions, and disable root user access. The course explores remote visual desktop configuration using TightVNC & RealVNC.Once students have a firm handle on server configuration on Linode, we take a look at another major cloud provider – Digital Ocean. This section of the course provides an overview of the Digital Ocean Admin panel where students will deploy and configure a “Droplet”. We will explore some of the unique features Digital Ocean offers, such as Floating IP’s and Space storage. Students learn to backup, resize, and configure DNS Zone files on both cloud hosting providers.
What you’ll learn in this Free Udemy course?
- Deploy a Production Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean
- Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Navigate the Linode and Digital Ocean Interface
- Execute commands to a Virtual Server using PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for MAC
- Administer Basic Maintenance Commands to a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Host Name, Date, and New Users on a Ubuntu Server
- Configure Web Root Permissions for Apache
- Install and Configure TightVNC or RealVNC for Remote Server Administration using a Visual Desktop
- Scale, Backup, and Configure DNS Zone Files on Linode and Digital Ocean
Who’s this Free Udemy course for?
You can enroll in this Free Udemy Course if you meet the following criteria, though these criteria are not mandatory, you can enroll in this free udemy course and learn!:
- Students interested in hosting Web Applications of all Sizes and Complexity
- Students interested in hosting with Digital Ocean or Linode
- Students interested in building Dynamic, Scalable, Hosting Infrastructures
- Students interested in Learning how to Secure a Virtual Web Server using SSH Authentication
- Students interested in Learning how to access a Ubuntu Virtual Server Remotely and Administer Commands
- Students interested in learning Basic Ubuntu commands
- Students interested in learning how to administer a server using Terminal for MAC, or PuTTY for Windows
This Free Udemy Course includes
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Requirement or Prerequisites for this Free Udemy Course
- Basic Computer Skills
Udemy Course Details
|Course Name||Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean|
Wishing you all the best for your future & Happy Coding!!If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends…
Sharing is Caring !!!